Oak Wood School GCSE Examination Results 2023
Oak Wood School is pleased to report some outstanding achievements by its pupils in their GCSE and other qualifications this summer. Overall, our pupils achieved 4% of grades at 9-7, 22% 9-5 and 48% 9-4, and we had some exceptional individual results:
- Japleen achieved an outstanding set of results with seven subjects at Grade 9 - English Literature, Science (double), Business, French, History, Religious Studies, and a Grade 8 in English Language and a Grade 7 in Maths, We wish her well for the future.
- Sohan has achieved an exceptional set of results including six subjects at Grade 9 - English Language, History, Maths, Science (double), and a Grade 8 in Business, English Literature, and PE. We wish him well with his continued studies.
- Mikail has achieved a fantastic set of results with two subjects at Grade 9 – Science (double), five subjects at Grade 8 – Business, English Language, History, Maths, Religious Studies, and two subjects at Grade 7 – English Literature and Film Studies.
Key Information 2022
- Progress 8 Score: -0.38
Attainment in English and maths - percentage of pupils achieving a grade 5 or above in GCSE English and maths: 39%
- Attainment 8 Score: 44.4
- English Baccalaureate (EBacc) Average Point Score: 3.88
- Percentage of pupils entered for the EBacc: 14%
- The percentage of pupils staying in education or going into employment after key stage 4 (pupil destinations): 94%
Given the uneven impact of the pandemic on school and college performance data, the government has said you should not make direct comparisons between the performance data for one school or college and another, or to data from previous years.